Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 2 and Recipe Review

Hi again!!

So, today was the second day of my Couch to 5K Challenge.

It went good!  It was a busy day of work, temple, meeting,
and finally the gym, but it felt so good to be in the gym again.

If found myself wanting to do more, but I held back and still
felt like I got a really good workout, if the sweat rolling off
my face was any indication.  

Also, on a side note...here are a few healthy recipes I tried
that I found off of Pinterest.  First up, THIS JEWEL... 

(pic from the above website.)

I'll admit, I was a little nervous to try this recipe, I have never loved
sweet potatoes unless they're drowning in butter and sugar, but I threw
a sweet potato in the oven before I left for the gym.  I hurried
home, and made the black bean salad, which seriously takes 
5 minutes and I happened to have EVERYTHING on hand. win/win.

I absolutely loved this meal!  It was super good, super nutritious, and
the flavors went really well together.  I already can't wait until tomorrow
until I can make it again. 

On to the next...
THIS meal happened to be disgusting.


 (Pic from above website)

I am not one to shy away from trying weird healthy substitution
things.  For example, Spaghetti made out of Spaghetti squash is a 
WINNER.  Delicious!  Cauliflower Pizza, though, not so much.
It had a weird texture, it fell apart easily, and it has a hard time cooking 
all the way through to the middle. The outside crust wasn't to bad, but a few bites 
in the middle and it was about all I could take.  I had a lot left over when James 
came home from work and he wouldn't even touch it.  But, there are a 
TON of comments on the website where this recipe is from and lots of people 
loved it.  So we maybe the weird ones, but I kind of doubt it.  haha

Anyway, if I try anything else that's good, I'll let you know.

Well folks, that's all for now!  
Wow, blogging to the world is a great way to hold myself accountable!

If anybody has any great recipes for healthy foods, I'd love to hear them!




1 comment:

Dave and Teresa said...

Mmmm that sweet potato looks delicious. That's too bad that pizza didn't work out. It looks pretty good too... :) I think I'm hungry.