Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adoption Boutique

A couple weekends ago, my cousins
Sue, Teresa, and I volunteered to donate a bunch
of baked goods for my cousin's Adoption
Boutique she organized.


It was more or less a craft boutique, but we are not
as much into the crafts as we are into the baking...


Mea*Sue*Me*Teresa

*I have had several friends involved in the
adoption process. I can't imagine how
hard it is with all of the emotional ups and
downs. And I just want to say that I have the
utmost respect and admiration for those who
are in the middle of it.*



My fancy-schmancy Coconut Cake.


On our table...
Coconut Cake with Lemon Curd Filling,
Pecan Pie Bars, S'more Bars, Homemade Oreos
Chocolate Covered Strawberries,
LEMON BARS, CARAMEL BROWNIES, and
Chocolate Cake with Strawberry filling.


All in all it was a fun girls day out!
*In related news...
We just found out that last week my cousin Jason and his wife
Mea just adopted a baby boy who they named Jett!
I know it was a long time coming for Jason and Mea... but
I've just got to say how crazy it is with adoption and how
you can go from zero to 60 in a matter of days!
We are so happy for you guys and good luck with everything!!!

No comments: