Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WOW

This weekend I got the disturbed privilege of seeing just exactly what my husband does during these winter months of self employment.
He with the help of my dad put up Christmas lights on my parent's house. It was the first time the outside of our house had seen anything beyond a few lights wrapped around our light poles in our driveway. My mom was very excited!
I got to hold the ladder for James and hand him lightbulbs and important things like that. Then he got up on the roof and I was impressed...


Until I saw him with his body hanging halfway off the roof...Then I got kind of nervous.

Oh and we didn't get a picture of it, but I helped clip on the lights as well. My dad hoisted us both up in the bucket of the loader to the very top and we put lights on that way on the front of our house. It got tricky because our house has a big hill in the front. It was one of the scariest moments of our lives.

Not too shabby though...

Look at him, he looks so happy to be risking death! I don't think I was smiling when I took the picture.


But the house looks great! I wish I had remembered to get a picture of it all lit up!




1 comment:

Dave to Claire said...

haha Glad to see that someone likes putting up lights because I SO WOULD NOT be excited for that. I want to see your stinkin face! I miss you.
Claire