Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cakes again!

Here is my final and very colorful cake from our last night in our Level 1 Cake class.


Don't even worry about all the cake crumbs smashed into the frosting, ok. I had some MAJOR cake trauma right before class.


I'm not going to lie, my roses were a little sketchy when I was first making them, but when you just pile them all on top of the cake like that, they don't look as bad as I thought. I was excited that nobody called my cake a cabbage patch this time.


I had lots of cool ideas I wanted to try out on this cake, but I found that class time was running out, my skills were severely lacking, and I was much to lazy to mess around with the frosting anymore.


Teresa and I start our Level 2 course next Wednesday! We are pretty darn excited about it too! It just feels good to do something creative, no matter what the things I create look like. It's good for the soul!

2 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Check out the betty crocker website for ideas so it's not so crummy. I know I've heard they suggest freezing it or something.

Wendy said...

Lovely cakes Cindy. I want to do something like that. It looks so fun. It was nice to talk to you the other night. Thanks for answering your phone! :) haha...